Monday, June 2, 2008

June 2008 is here. That usually means the official start of summer, at least for me. It's a HUGE birthday month. So as always, we will start with Rob.

Today marks Rob's birthday. I'm glad to have known the guy for virtually a decade. Suffice to say, we've been through a lot together, and we've seen a lot of craziness go down throughout the years. You can see that he's a good father and husband. He's also a man of God and a good friend to me. The one thing that has been a constant, at least from my perspective, is that he's always been supportive of me. I say this every year, and I'll keep saying it, because it's true. We have each other's back, all the time. When there's a major decision to be made, or when there's some crazy stuff going down, I know I can count on Rob to be there. That's what real friends do. It's as simple as that.

And speaking of cheers, we had a reunion of sorts at Bar 330 last SAT for Rob's birthday. It was nice to reunite the "Bermuda Triangle". Most of the gang was there, too. Looks like summer is officially here. More June birthdays are coming up. Good times.

And if you've been keeping up with the NBA, the Lakers will meet the Celtics in the NBA Finals this THURS. It will have that nostaligic theme, but it ain't like the good old rivalry days. To have a legit rivalry, these new-school Lakers and Celtics have to meet in the finals at least every other year from now on. But it's still neat to have it happen now. I will give my series analysis later this week. GO LAKERS!

No comments: