Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yesterday, I filled up on gas. I paid over $4/gallon. $4.05 to be exact. It was ARCO gas, usually the cheapest around. Unbelievable. Being that summer just started, it's bound to get worse.

The government is partly to blame because of the tax on gasoline. But the main culprits are the oil companies. They are in collusion with each other. Even if the price of a barrel of oil goes down througout the summer, all they have to do is get together and agree to keep the prices ridiculously high. That's the definition of collusion. You learn that in any economics class.

If gas approaches $5/gal, I may consider buying a bike to get to school and work. It would be a lifestyle change because I'm so used to getting around in my car. But after a while, it might be pretty cool to bike around. We'll just have to see how the pricing of oil plays out in the next couple of months. Yikes.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I know it's a bit early, but I'm already thinking about my birthday next week. It's on a THURS, the usual hang out night. I've already done Hooters and we go to TGIF all the time, so I'm thinking of doing something different for that night. I have a few things in mind, so I'll throw them out in a few days. Holler at me if you have suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I have found you CK. I know what you mean about gas. I just filled up yesterday and my gas tank takes about 16 gallons. It was about $70+ to fill up my gas tank. =( I'm working to put gas in my car. Time to get a bike, I guess. lol