Hola, mis amigos y amigas. I hope you're having a fine Monday on this 5th day of May. I had some authentic, home-cooked Mexican cuisine this past weekend. I accompanied my GF to 4 house parties. She's a Catholic school teacher, so we went house hopping to her students' "first communion" after-parties.
Forget your standard tacos and burritos. At each house, I ate tamales representative of the region where that family is from. I was digging the Mexican sweet breads, very similar to Filipino pastries. There was one house in particular which served "chile verde con carne". I hope I got that right. It's basically beef stew with thick, green chile sauce. It was freakin' fantastic.
Although I was probably the only Asian/Filipino at any given house, I was treated very well. Mexican hospitality is so much like Filipino hospitality. I was told by my GF that I had to eat what was served to me or else! I was offered beer and wine in a couple places. I had no problems accepting that. Good times.
Later that same night, I went to Elliot's bachelor party. I cannot disclose much information at this time for the sake of national security. I will mention one thing. We found a possible new happy hour spot. It's mainly a place to drink and play pool. But the help is absolutely "talented". I'll show the boys (and girls) some time. They might like it.
On a related note, the majority of "the boys" got together for happy hour last THURS at our original stomping grounds. We all haven't been together in one place for quite some time. It was good to be back. Kudos to Rob for funding the so-called reunion. And to think, it's only the pre-season. Wait til June hits, it will be crazy.
Props to the Lakers for taking Game 1 in the 2nd round. Long way to go, but I think they'll make it. GO LAKERS!!!
Thanks for taking the time to hit up the tagboard/comments. Peace out!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment