Monday, May 12, 2008

Congratulations!!!

(pics to follow pending permission)
I want to congratulate the newlyweds, Mr. & Mrs. Jamieson. I was honored to be the best man at their wedding. In a nutshell, this is the gist of my speech. I am very happy for the both of them. To me, they are one of those couples that just "match". They're happy together and they make each other laugh, a formula for a good marriage. I wish them the best, and may God bless their lives together from here on in.

Interesting Factoid: Elliot was the FIRST in my group of guy friends to date much younger women. When I met Jenny and found out she was 8 years Elliot's junior, I was like "HIYOOO!!!" But they got along great, and that's all that mattered. I soon followed suit and started my personal trend of dating younger gals. Kudos to Elliot & Jenny, true pioneers.

Although I hardley knew anyone outside of Elliot's family and friends, being "best man" gave me automatic credibility. Both sides of the family were very friendly and hospitable. I would get the occasional (drunken), "HEY, you're Elliot's best man!" A free drink would ensue.

Another benefit of being "best man" is, some of the girls at the wedding assume that you're single and try to play matchmaker. I got free-agent offers. The question was "Are you single? I want you to meet my (younger) sister." My response was, "Depends who's asking..." But I'm good with my GF, so I was just humoring it. If I was single, I would've followed up.

So if you ever get a chance to be someone's "best man", it would behoove you to jump on that opportunity.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like everyone to try Twitter.com. It's another blog-type site, only, you don't have to commit to writing as much or in-depth. It's kind of like writing a play-by-play of your daily activities. And your friends do the same, and everyone keeps track of each other. Pretty neat, you should give it a shot.

Holler at me there: http://twitter.com/kryptonson/with_friends

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my friend from the philippines introduced me to twitter last christmas. it looks pretty cool, but i never joined though. i think as a girl, i'm too paranoid of stalkers. however, it is a great way for your circle of friends to keep track of what's going on with you hour-by-hour.