Because of the responses from you guys, I can't help but reminisce about the good times we had circa 2003-2005.
I remember the 2 huge group Vegas trips, named V1 and V2. Ironically, we weren't into poker yet, because the craze wasn't mainstream at the time. But we did go out on the town, drank a bunch a brewskis, and had good eatin' at various buffets. We went to The Bellagio (my favorite), Rio, etc. But we always ended up at Mandalay Bay on multiple occasions. We even partied high atop the Palms Hotel. Good times.
Then the Texas Hold'em craze hit. We were playing almost every night. Poker games would rotate among different houses. The Moya Hotel & Casino. Fredberg Bar & Grill. The Mejia Casino. The Angeles Golf Course & Resort. You name it. I gave a 4-star rating to the Moya Hotel & Casino for giving me a complimentary room.
Then of course, the Moya wedding in Maui. A week stay with a big group of friends was fun. Fantastic scenery. The wedding and reception was great. Going to the different beaches: Kaanapali, Kahana, and Makena. Clubbing in Kihei. The sunrise at Mt. Haleakela. Boat ride and snorkeling off Lahaina shore. Chillin' on "Front Street" day and night. Poker in our hotel room. Good times.
Another thing we used to do a lot, play basketball. I totally miss those nights! I remember when we would play for 2 hours straight. And I distinctly remember the night when some punk kids tried to start some ish with us. They were lucky that we were more "goodie-goodie" back then.
Those were good times, but more good times are still to be had. We'll just incorporate some elements of the past into the present. Summer's almost here, so just be on the lookout.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment