The HFYA board had our Christmas dinner last FRI. We went to some Korean BBQ place. I'm not a huge fan of Korean BBQ's because I don't care for the whole "cook your own food" concept. If I'm paying good money to eat, I'd like my food already cooked and ready to go. Plus, there's not a wide variety of food at these type of places. Oh well, lesson learned.
I watched "I Am Legend" last SAT. It's a strange and eerie film, but I really liked it. The premise: A virus that was genetically-engineered to cure cancer eventually mutated to a lethal form and killed off about 95% of the world's population. 1% of all humans were immune and survived, including Will Smith's character, Robert Neville. Those that were infected and lived became "rabid" versions of humans, who feed off animals and uninfected humans. Neville is an army scientist/doctor who is determined to find a cure.
The "infected" have mutated to the point where they can't stand the sun's UV light. They hide in dark places during the day. But when night comes, they're all over the place, trying to get you. It's a crazy thought to be one of the few humans left, fending off the "infected", just trying to stay alive and keep your sanity. There are some really tense scenes, especially the ones at night. There was always that feeling of something or someone lurking in the dark, which is a primal fear for most of us.
I won't say any more because I don't want to spoil it. It's definitely my favorite Will Smith movie to date. Try to catch this flick.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I work a half day on Dec 24th. At least it's just a half day.
Monday, December 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment