Sunday, October 14, 2007

Playing the "game" - part 2

(And now, part 2...)
So why did I leave her hanging? 2 reasons. First, I didn't want to give the impression that I was "under her spell". If I stayed, I'd be no different than every other guy trying to hit on her. That would have lowered my "S-R" (survival-replication) value.

[Instinctively, humans have an internal drive to "survive" (S) and pass on their genes to the next generation ("replication" (R)). Men respond initially to physical attractiveness. Women may look at physical attractiveness, but they can also factor in other desirable traits from potential suitors (i.e. status, power, security, wealth, etc.). Thus, we each have an "S-R" value from the perspective of the opposite sex. The key is to project higher value compared to other suitors. The factors you use to project "S-R" value is up to you.]

If I tried to bombard her with compliments, she probably would have laughed inside (or out loud, for that matter), toyed with me, then brushed me off for fun. Then that would've been the end of that. By "negging", I threw a curve in the normal scenario.

Secondly, I left her to see if any "IOI's" were created up to that point. Here are some possible "IOI's":

  • She reinitiates conversation when you stop talking.
  • She compliments you.
  • She giggles at your funny (and non-funny) comments.
  • She stands nearby.
I walked to the other side of the weight room to continue my workout. I went to the free-weight rack next to some machines and did my thing. Next thing I know, she comes over and asks, "Hi, how do you use this (machine)?" So I got into the machine and showed her how to use it. She then followed with, "So, can you help me get into the machine?"

[In my head, I'm thinking, 'Wow, this is actually working...kinda'. All the while, I'm feeling a bit wary because her BF was in the gym somewhere. I didn't want to get hit over the head from behind with a barbell.]

Cautiously, I helped her get into the machine. I made a conscious effort to NOT touch her while getting her into position. If I was at liberty to "game" at 100%, I would've lightly guided (by touching) her. By the way she reacts to touch, I could calibrate her "comfort" level. Another possible "IOI" is if she touched back. But I didn't go that route, for ethical reasons. As I was walking away again, she asked, "Am I doing this right?" Geez, if only she was available.

This point signifies the "A2" (attraction 2) stage, defined by female-to-male interest. The next step would have been "A3", male-to-female interest, where I would engage her more, maybe even thrown in some subtle compliments. These are used to create "comfort". If that's successfully done, then it's a good time to get her number.

Because of the situation, I didn't "close" the deal. But I gave her a "false time constraint" (FTC) regardless. I told her, "Ya know, I gotta get going. I have band practice. I'll see you next class." An FTC is used to convey that you have things to do other than pining over the girl. So no phone number for the man of steel. On one hand, I went home empty-handed. On the other, I gained valuable experience.

So what's the point of all this? To find true love? Probably not, but it's possible. After watching "Hitch" for the first time last night, I found at least 1 reason. It's so that average guys, like me, can somehow be noticed by extraordinary women. What happens after that is up to you.

My "game" still needs lots of work. I'll see you in the field.

[p.s. Women that I've dated and had relationships with, I didn't really "hit" on them. So everything that I'm talking about now, is totally uncharted territory for me.]

No comments: