- No matter how young or old they are, I will never again underestimate my ZPR brothers, especially the ones still in school. They never fail to entertain or take care of me, even when I'm not expecting it. My apologies for flaking out (many times) on previous occasions. Never again, boys.
- When you want something done, and done right, do it yourself. It sounds cliche, but it's so true. Because only you know what you need at any given time. If you depend on others, there's a chance that things might not get done. You could blame them, but at the end of the day, if you could've done it yourself, you should've.
- If you see an opportunity, take it, because some things come only once in a lifetime. If you miss it, for any reason, it's gone. And all the rationalization won't bring it back. This goes hand-in-hand with the above concept. If an opportunity pops up, don't expect someone to help you. Take control, or regret it for the rest of your life. I still kick myself on occasion for letting some things pass me by.
- I meet more interesting people at bars, parties, school, and just being out on the town. I'm so glad that I moved out of my comfort zone a few years ago and started venturing out, which is what any normal man in my position should do. What is also key is the company you keep while going out. I'm just now starting to hang out with friends that have friends, who have other friends. My only regret is that I didn't start sooner.
- I'm ecstatic that I'm part of a band. There's 2 major things that I get with a band, freedom and control. Freedom to pick genres, styles, and specific songs. Control over logistics. There's the creative, artistic side of music. There's also the business side with practice and performing. I'm glad that my bandmates and I have that freedom and control.
- I'm thankful for my die-hard friends. I can tell who they are simply by knowing which of them root for me to succeed and share in my joy when I triumph. When they tell me that they just want to see me happy, I know that they're good people.
If anyone wants to go on a pre-birthday happy hour tonight, holler.


No comments:
Post a Comment