It's June 12th. I share my birthday with Jesse Moya and Mr. & Mrs. S. I give credit to Tito Jess. He was THE main driving force to my catholic-catechistic formation. If it wasn't for him, I probably would NOT be doing battle for the church. I try to emulate his passion and tenacity in defending mother church. Much love for Tito Jess.
Mr. S. is a great guy. He always gives me a good laugh and is very hospitable whenever I party with him. He's also a good daddy and husband to Mrs. S. What more can I say about Mrs. S? She's a great friend. My personal instigator. She's a 100% genuinely nice person. And it shows in her words and actions. I'm glad to have a common birthday with them.
You know the deal tonight. Hooters - Anaheim @ 8:30pm. Be there and bring mad friends. Peace.
GO JUNE 12!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for visiting my blog today. I know you like stories, so I have an old one for you. It goes back to 2004. A good friend gave me one of the nicest and most unique birthday gifts I've ever had. I never shared this until now...
(circa June 2004) I was hollerin' at a lady friend from down south. I wanted to go out on my birthday, so she told me to head down and spend the day in S.D. I've never spent a birthday out of town and away from family and friends, but when you're hollerin', you gotta do what you gotta do.
When I got down there, she showed me tickets for St. Peter's museum exhibit at Balboa Park. I heard about it days before, so I totally geeked out. For a catholic nerd like me, it's like being a kid in a toy store. I had to admit, I did not see that one coming.
Afterwards, we headed to downtown S.D. for some eats. She took me to this candy/fondu place. I didn't know what "fondu" was. We ordered this platter with fruits, cookies, and crackers. To my amazement, the waitress brought out liquid chocolate in a pot! A chocoholic's dream. I was dipping stuff like crazy.
I wanted to check out the bay, so we headed to Seaport Village. I like to look at the S.D. skyline and the U.S. naval ships. I geeked out again when I saw that the aircraft carrier was in port. I'm a Navy child, that's why. So we just chilled there until dark.
Then we went back to downtown for dinner. We ate at this Brazilian place. The food was different, but good. The red wine was awesome. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the restaurant. I will find out for future reference.
After dinner, we called it a night, and I made my long drive back home to the LBC. I was treated very well that day and night. Good times. One for the memory bank. Much love to my lady friend for hooking me up on my birthday.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment