Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Baby's got new shoes!

(Sorry for the poor quality of the picture. I took it with my RAZR. Is it just me, or do RAZR's take lousy photos?)

Sometimes I entertain a lady friend around this time of year, on or near my bday. And I spend money on her for dates and such. This year, there's no specific lady friend, so I thought I'd treat myself. I bought an early birthday gift for me, some "shoes" (east coast lingo for wheels & tires) for my car. In previous years, my other self-gifts were a digital camera, iPod, newer iPod, and car stereo. I like the new shoes. I hope you do, too

HFYA is having an outdoor meeting at Cerritos Park East this WED @ 8pm. Holler.

This is pretty crazy. I just got a text from an old SH member saying that her friend committed suicide yesterday. When I saw the name, I remember it was this very pretty young girl who visited SH meetings only twice. It's tragic when someone so young takes their own life. From the outside, you assume nice, pretty girl, probably having things going right for her. Life should be treating her well. But you never know what's really going on in their heart and mind to take that last step. May God grant her mercy and peace.

No comments: