A belated happy Mother's Day to those that apply. I know a few moms pass by here once in a while, so kudos to you on your special day. I'd like to share a story about my mom. I remember many years ago when she gave me my first Christian lesson.
I was 7 years old and was geeking out to the original Superman movie starring Christopher Reeve. Back then, I had this huge Legos collection. I built an 18-wheeler truck and posed the Lego man to hold the truck over his head, recreating a scene from the movie. I got my mom's attention, "Ma, look! Superman is strong!" My mom replied, "Yes, anak. Superman is strong, but Jesus is stronger."
Being 7 years old, I was like WTH?! I didn't have the theologic reasoning to comprehend Christ's/God's divinity. But my mom explained many things to me after that. And I understood more when I went to Sunday school.
From that, I can remember saying my first prayer. I looked up at the stars one night and asked, "God, can you please give me super powers when I wake up tomorrow? Oh, and please bless my mom and dad." It was worth shot, right? It took about 25+ years, but that prayer was finally answered.
So I thank my mom for giving me good Christian schooling way back then. It has helped mold me into the man that I am today.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I conversed with Rob last week about what's been on my mind lately. Namely, where and how to serve God at the current moment. I've been feeling uninspired and unfulfilled lately. I think it's because I'm not serving the right way, or at least the way I think He wants me to.
It's been said by many that a person should utilize his/her God-given gifts/abilities to serve Him. If those gifts are truly given by God, then you will find joy when you use those talents to serve Him. I find that to be 100% true.
I know what my God-given aptitudes are, and I have a good idea of where to use them. I know of at least 2 places right off the bat. It's just a matter of going through with it. A few things are holding me back, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to free myself. It's only a matter of time when I do that.
Bottom line, as a Christian, you gotta find your niche in the body of Christ. That's where you'll be most competent, confident, and comfortable. Once you do, you will find happiness in loving and serving Him.
~~~~~~~~~~~
- Zee, good work last Saturday. Keep it up for this coming Saturday, too. You will be greatly rewarded. I guarantee it.
- I've been brushing up on my Spanish lately. 2 years of high school Spanish. Actually, I speak it better than Tagalog. I have a feeling it will come in real handy one day.
~~~~~~~~~~~
This is pretty random, but I'm feelin' this song right now.
Monday, May 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment