Thursday, May 17, 2007

I can sleep in now! Due to a scheduling quirk, my Saturday final exam has been moved up a week. So this SAT is my last SAT morning class, yusss. It doesn't show on my face, but I'm really stoked about that. I will definitely celebrate in appropriate fashion later that night. So farewell to all my married and single-mom classmates.
~~~~~~~~~~~
There's an ongoing latin theme around me lately. I have a returning patient at work who doesn't speak english. When I first met her, I faked that could I speak spanish decently, but she ran with it. Now she talks fluent spanish to me as if I understand. She doesn't dumb it down for me, either. I have to pretend that I know what she's saying. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It's making me hone the spanish skills.

Last week, we went to happy hour at El Torito. We were seated next to a huge group of latina gals. All girls, no guys. I was thinking it was a bachelorette party, but most looked too young for any of them to be getting married. I could be wrong. Elliot wanted me to holler for fun, but I didn't. But I did practice my spanish on our waitress.

The next night, I went to Mariposas in LB, a latin restaurant/bar/club. There were salsa lessons before the actual club part. The Kris man and I were practicing our spanish slang. I learned the term, "Sancho". Good word. There were muchas mujeres mejicanas hermosas. We were trying to figure out the spanish term for "eye candy". Zee comes the closest with "carmelo de ojos". There might be a better translation.

I hope the spanish skills come in handy some day (or night). What's the spanish word for "holler!"?
~~~~~~~~~~~
I haven't worked out in a week. I'm nursing an elbow injury. I need to give it 2-3 days before I can work out 100% again. To compensate, I've been eating less. I'm cranky because I'm hungry.

I need to blow off a little steam. Anyone down for a happy hour and/or Hooters run tonight? Holler.

1 comment:

Regilyn said...

Hey Fred...gluck with finals! Yay for sleep :o) Take care and hang in there!