Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy Monday, my friends. I hope everyone is well. I was away for the weekend, in the snow, for my first day of training. I will have more pics later.

A message came to me at Mass up there in the snow. The priest was a young guy, probably late 30's or early 40's, and a former Marine. You could tell by his demeanor, and he was a passionate preacher. He mentioned that Catholic Christians should be more like "bulldozers" out there in the world, practicing and defending our faith.

It reminded me of a specific time in my life, about 5-6 years ago when I reverted back to Catholicism. I was more proactive in living out my faith and defending the Church back then. I had this fire to show people the "how's?" and "why's?" of Catholicism.

Things happened over the years and I lost focus and that edge. Since then, I concerned myself with trying to accomplish other things instead. For Lent, I'm going to figure out if I'm called to bring out a new fire for the same purpose again.

M7: In a different story, I've been itching for another M7 gig for the longest time. When I jam with those guys and girls, I feel so free. Not to mention, it's just flat-out fun busting the oldie tunes for the peeps that appreciate. I think my soul sings out best when I'm with them. Good times. I'm always looking for the next big gig.

No comments: