Tuesday, March 25, 2008

For those that know my brief, recent history...Ever since I rediscovered Cathlolic-Christianity about 8 years ago, I've been into my faith and in various positions in all types of ministries since then. The man of faith you know today was formed through years of experience, both smooth and rough times.

Looking back, I can honestly say that I put others before myself countless times in the context of "service" and "ministry". Again, there were both smooth and rough times. Suffice to say, I sacrificed personal goals here and there for the greater good. Anyone who's been involved with ministry can relate to that.

I'm not saying any of this to get kudos from God or from the people I've encountered along the way. I'm saying this because, verbalizing it helps make for a better self-reflection of the past several years. In that time, I believe that I lost a sense of what I needed to accomplish for myself.

Only this past year, I realized that I've come to the point where I seriously need to work on "me". And I think I'm well on my way in doing that. But to do so, I must cut back on the time spent being there for and serving others. It sounds kind of abrupt, I know. But if I don't do this, then others will never step up and grow. And I won't be able to carry out my personal plans.

So, really, I have to do this. But it doesn't mean that I'm going to disappear. It just means that I have to take a step back from the action. It's time to handle my business. It's time to get things done. So let's just wish each other well and leave it at that. Until next time, take care, superfriends...

No comments: