For those keeping score, I did well on my final. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. We start the 2nd quarter on MON. Business and usual. Back to work.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I went wine tasting with my new friend last SAT for the first time. We went to a couple of the Temecula wineries. It was a new and different experience for me. The first one we went to had that "upscale" vibe to it, so I felt like a fish out of water. It's like you had to be, or pretend to be, a wine expert to fit in. The second place was family-owned, so it was more chill. They even let the family dog roam around the place.
At both places, I got to taste some good wine. I favored the red wines, especially the "Ruby Cuvée" and the "Black Jack Port". Give me a bottle of either one and I'm good for the night. I also tried the white and dessert wines. Too sweet and fruity for me. I'm not an expert by any means, but give me red wine any day of the week.
It was funny to see some people not handling their liquor, especially the ladies. Wine can be deceiving, the alcohol content can sneak up on you if you're not careful. I guess it's because it tastes good, so it's hard to pace yourself. So, ladies, sip the wine. Don't chug it.
All in all, it was good times. We'll try the Ventura County and Napa Valley wineries in the near future. Holler if you're down to go. I'm out. Peace.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment