I realize why that was the case back then. At the time, the kind of people we were and the things we were involved in was conducive to positive, godly interactions. With a good environment with good people, you're more inclined to be devoted and faithful. Looking back, I was in a good place, and it felt good to be there.
Despite occasional trials, my friend's faith hardly wavered. That inspired me to strengthen my own. To her, I was a stand-up, Catholic guy. So, for my sake (and maybe for others) I wanted to live up to that image. I did various things to build up and maintain my spirituality. I had a good run. When you know you're being counted on, the motivation is that much greater.
Having a friend to inspire and push you makes a world of difference. They serve as the "hands" of the body of Christ. If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that one should take advantage of any opportunity to find inspiration to get close to God. It can come in any form. It usually comes in a form that speaks closest to your heart. Watch for it.
Have a nice day off, my friends.


2 comments:
good post friend... I like the picture too!
thnx, superfriend. i hope there will be more inspirations to write about later on.
(i thought the pumpkins in the pic were a nice touch.)
Post a Comment