Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The "Walk"

I read some of Em's recent writings the other day. I must say, her reflection spoke volumes to my soul. Her words struck a chord in me. It made me stop and evaluate my current "walk". Long story short, I haven't been "walking", for a while now. I've just been going with the flow. I go about my business, trying to do the right thing for myself and others.

Each person finds their own motivation in certain aspects of life, which helps jumpstart their walk; and gives them the motivation to keep going. Some like to feel useful. Some like to keep busy. Some like to be in charge. To each his/her own.

I look back at the times when I really felt energized in my walk. I never realized it until now, but the factors that pump me up are quite simple. I've done and am currently doing the "service" thing. Been there, done that. It gets me by, but it doesn't supercharge me.

So here's the key for me...I either need to be inspired and/or I need to be inspiring. When either case happens, I'm out and about with a passion. The details of this, well, you have to pay to see. You have to come to me in person.

Thanks to Em for making me stop to think.
~~~~~~~
If you're free tonight, join HFYA at Boomers in Irvine. Meet at HF @ 6:30pm for carpool or meet us there around 7:30pm. Aela has the sweet hookups for tokens.

Come so I can outslug you at the batting cages, outclimb you on the rock, and outmaneuver you in the Laser Tag arena. You'll realize that 2nd place ain't so bad afterall.

2 comments:

Em said...

I agree that the jumpstart begins with being inspired or being an inspiration to others for me... what's even more inspiring is that you have been faithful all this time, when there is no "excitement" or new fire, you have continued to remain faithful in your service and actions... you haven't given up and the desire to do His will is still in your heart...that's inspiring to me...

Last Son of Krypton said...

thanx 4 ur kinds words, Em. obedience is how i've been getting by. inspiration is overdue.