Friday, June 6, 2008

I've been tagged by Reenz! So that means I must share 6 random factoids about me. I will keep it clean.

1) I love the Lakers. I started watching them when I was a kid in the early 80's. I didn't really understand the NBA game, but I enjoyed watching Magic Johnson play. The 80's Lakers were exciting to watch. Then I was happy when the Shaq-Kobe Lakers won 3 in a row. Those were good times. And now, I hope Kobe can impose his will on these Finals and win a title this year. GO LAKERS!

2) I love to play instruments and sing, sometimes doing both at the same time. And I tend to raise my skills to a higher level when I'm with "Jam Society", or when I know that there will be lovely ladies at a given venue. I credit Robby for helping improving my instrument skills. I credit Dave for helping me sing better. Music is an awesome hobby to have.

3) I like to work out. I have phases when I'm hardcore. I also have phases when I don't work out for a while, usually due to illness or lack of time (e.g. school). Since I have more time now, I will hit the gym more often. And it's cool because Vanessa likes to go to the gym with me.

4) I've never got into a real fistfight. But I would like to try out my strength and skills out on someone. A few years ago, when I was pressured to be a goodie-goodie, there was some guys at the park that tried to start some ISH. I wanted to scrap, but there was something holding me and the boys back. But nowadays, if someone tries to punk or take advantage of me, I'm throwin' down.

5) I appreciate "guy" time. That usually means hanging out with the boys on THURS night for happy hour. It's a time to catch up and have good conversation over dinner and drinks. Girls are allowed, too, but they have to be able to relax and chill. No hating! With summer here, we'll have more good times. June and July birthdays will be opportune times for the boys and girls.

6) I'm still into car stereos. In high school and some college, I had the boomin' system. Now that I'm older and have a diverse taste in music, I like my car stereo to play clean and clear. It sounds great and has some bass still (albeit not like back in the day), AND I can play my iPod through it. It's a neat thing to have when you're in your car for hours during the week.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Game 1 aftermath. From my perspective, the Lakers lost the game in the 3rd quarter. They had a lead. Then Paul Pierce went down (with an injury), the crowd was in shock. But the Lakers failed to capitalize right there. They didn't extend their lead. When Pierce returned, the momentum shifted to Boston, Pierce hit a pair of 3-pointers in a row, and the Lakers couldn't catch them after that.

So it's all about making adjustments for Game 2. Phil Jackson is the best in the business at doing that. Kobe will shoot better, and hopefully right from the start. They have to box out better, too. Too many 2nd-chance points for the Celtics. That's what happened against Utah. So I hope they figure out that problem.

Let's hope for a better result in Game 2.

1 comment:

MnMLover said...

Yay! Thanks for posting!!! I love your #2! Hope to hear you perform again sometime soon. Let's go to an open mic with all our friends somewhere. Maybe for our b-day!!That would be fun, diba?!