Monday, July 16, 2007

I have more July birthday shoutouts to give today. Happy birthday to...

...Sheila Tejada (7/14). A very nice, sweet, and talented girl-friend of mine. She's also a cool bandmate. We brought her on the team almost 2 years ago. She's like a little sis to me, so don't mess with her. I'm glad to have her as a gal pal and a wingwoman.

...Jei Franxis (7/14). Wingman 1st class extraordinaire. Arguably, the biggest contributor to the crew at the present time. I credit JF as one of the guys who brought me out of my shell. We've served together in ministry, but I'm more excited at the prospect of him bringing me around LOG alumni. Thanks for the vine. Jei, this Crown & 7's for you.

...Reirich (7/15). Wingman 1st class. Appreciates a good poker game, cold beer, and the presence of beautiful lady friends. My most memorable moment about RR was the time when we were about to mix it up with some jabronis at CPE. He had my back, I had his, but nothing went down. Good times, though. An all around good guy. Reirich, this VSOP's for you.

...David Roy (7/18). The Bruce Wayne to my Clark Kent. A great singer and pianist. The anchor of the M7 vocals. Also a formidable street fighter. I took care of him when he was in massage school. Now he's returning the favor while I'm in nursing school. When at full-strength, he's one reason why you don't wanna mess with M7, on or off the stage. Batman, this Jaeger Bomb's for you.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I attended Tito Jess' 1st apologetics talk in Walnut last THURS. Although I'm just refreshing things I've learned before, it really felt like old times; the times when I first learned about the history, tradition, and beauty of the Church.

It brought me back to when I was very much on fire and why I fell in love with God and Church. Lawrence attended upon my recommendation. He loved it and will continue to attend. He reminds me of how I was back then.

Tito Jess had me do a very brief testimonial on my experience with the course. It's the 2nd time he's had me do that. It was good timing because a mother came up to me at the end of the night. She has a son about my age who has been creating his own methods of worship, not congruent with the Church. We gave her points to pass along to her son. I hope they reach him.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I think I may have found a ministry to serve that fits my style and utilizes my strengths. It would be a homecoming of sorts. I knew I'd get around to it one day, but I never thought it would be in the place of my past.

There's also a new ministry that I may want to associate with. I'd have the blessings of a co-founder. I find the people there to be more my peers.

My, how things come full circle. We'll see how things play out in the upcoming months.

No comments: